Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ugh.

Rauschenberg.

Robert Rauschenberg.

The first sentence makes me like this guy. Personnel responsibility is rare to take in artwork. I like it when people do. It makes sense, as artwork is meant to effect. If it doesn't you made a mistake.

So that is a good note to start off on for this guy.

I like his goat.

The commentary about educating the viewer about the artworks is interesting.

"she just hadn't been able to look at the pictures until somebody helped her."

Is the artists job to not only create, but to teach? Maybe.

I'd like to think everyone is a teacher. If they do it willingly, then they are doing it well (hopefully.)

But they can also do it accidentally.

I want things that have profound effects to be taught. But that is up to the student.

So I guess I agree that an artist must be prepared to explain and defend themselves.

(I've always been taught this, from very early on.)

If the piece itself does this... well I guess that is irrelevant.

Personally, I like it if it does. I guess I like puzzles.


If I am any good at it is another matter entirely.

(Hint: I am not.)


I like how he interacted with Betty. The enthusiasm seems important to any working artist. You can't run on anything else but that when starting. Unless you are really good. Or maybe not even then.

(There I go talking about someone as if I know them. Bad Skyler. Bad.

But what the fuck else do I call her?

Meh. Moving on.)


I really really really really really liked that one of his shows cause a critic to be "so horrified that he came pit literally clutching his forehead."


That just tickles me pink.

Kind of like this:


Except with less poop jokes and more assholery.


And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment