Sunday, May 29, 2011

Excabarated.


FUCK YEAH.

GOT SOME NICE MUGS THIS BATCH.

LET'S TALK 'BOUT 'EM!


THIS HERE MUG.
YOUR BROWNNESS AND PURPLENESS PLEASE ME.

Okay enough yelling.

The glazes I chose were not brown or purple. In fact, the glaze recipes available to use this week did not include any purple glazes. We don't have the right minerals to make the recently cobble together purple.

Somehow, my combination of a coat of clear glaze over certain areas of Blue Chun, and what looks like some slightly watered down K9 glaze, made for a very scrumptious combination.

I also managed to work out the handling of the handle attachments. Some advice from a relative helped me to figure out a little niche that people seem to hold affinity for. Might have to do with the innate tendency for people to play with little nobby things in their hands.


Sweet blue mam'ma jamma.

I am very please with the blues that corroborated here.

Straight up Cobalt blue (slightly thin to let throw lines show through)and Blue Chun overlapping in various places. Solid Blue Chun inside with cobalt on the lip. A nice clean feeling there. Orbit commercials be damned.

I did this one to test out my control of blues. I have a commission of a set of four mugs in the works and this confirms my suspicions on how the two glazes will react.

Now you know a bit about my thought processes during glazing.

Fucking crazy basically.


And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment