Thursday, May 12, 2011

Handbasket.

I am taking four classes, but only three are at this college.

Let's start with everything that isn't 7A.


I am taking Jane Mulfinger's Adv. sculpture class, and it is awesome.


She has made the incredibly generous concession that my personal class start time is slightly later than the other students (due to a schedule conflict) and has always encouraged me to try interesting and different techniques for preparing and presenting my pieces.

This weekend I have to prepare my instillation for my "HI" piece. I have to install it very very late at night on the night of the 16th (since it is directly on the bike path, and I have a severe allergy to high speed collisions.)

I still have some cutting to do, in order for it to be complete and ready, but I am confident I can get it done. I also have to get a second piece installed the following week.

As you can tell, with this one class alone.


I am busy as all fuck.


But wait there is still more!

Next comes my Public speaking class. Which I am taking online and at Moorpark Community college (back home near Newbury Park, where I used to live and where my parents currently reside.)

It's a great class, but it also involves going back to give four speeches in person (making it the public part, kind of hard to avoid this.)

I don't mind the act of traveling back to give the speeches.

I'm just busy as all hell because I have to give one this Saturday.


This unfortunet timing has taken away two days from my already very very very limited amount of prep time I have for my Adv. sculpture pieces.


But I think I have mapped out the time I need, and I should be successful at both the speech and the pieces.

Hopefully.

Ugh.

Still need to actually write the speech. Probably going to do that all today.

Need to just fucking focus. At least it is on an interesting topic.
It's persuasive, for convincing people to buy and eat locally grown foods.


That will be a blast, for sure.
As speaking in front of an audience (in this kind of setting) is always fun and very similar to getting an adrenalin shot.

Each time I do it I feel like I just ran a damn marathon.

The positive reception to my presentations helps as well.

Lastly, I'll talk about my Chinese Art History class.

While I will call 6DS because that is what it is called.
(And it is a ton easier to reference it by that.)

6DS is great, but god dammit is the room that we have our section in hot. Really fucking uncomfortable.

Right now the topic of the week seems to be Song Dynasty painters. Particularly those of the Literati. They were an interesting bunch, but certainly arrogant as all fuck.

Nothing I can do about that though. Just need to give it my best to remember their really amazing brushwork and philosophical stances.



All this stuff combines to make this weekend a real living hell.

I need some god damn clones to help me with all this work.

I hardly have to time blink my god damn eyes, with all the work that needs to be done.
Back to work then.


And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment