Friday, April 15, 2011

Up up and away.

So. You want us to, "Confession: fearful / scary moment. Dig deep and really recall that moment."

Okay.

Cod dammit.

Ugh. I know exactly what to do here.

Don't even have to think about it.


It was a few years ago.

I was at the San Diego Zoo.

I was in the bird exhibit. Some huge aviary filled to the brim with breainless feathery assholes.

I like birds.

I like how they can fly.


The aviary had some stairs built into it so that people could get a better look at all the birdies.

I am afraid of heights.

But I can usually handle myself with stairs, even stairs that are kind of thin looking. They are still made of metal. I just grab that railing like a boss and control myself.

But these stairs.

No. They were made of FUCKING

GLASS.

That was BITCHIN having to go up those. Especially since you HAD to take these stairs to get out of the aviary. It was a one way pathway, and there were a shit ton of people.

I was FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT here.

I could have filled a fucking pool with my sweat and I have the skin chemistry where I barely sweat in nearly all situations.

FUCK.

Even thinking about this is giving me chills.

AUGH.

Fucking heights.



I am a little better now. I worked on a few things in order to bring my fear of heights into line. I didn't like having such a huge weakness.

But god dammit.

That memory still fucks with me.

I'm just glad that I managed to get the fuck out of there without causing some kinda scene.




Seriouslly, who the FUCK makes a set of stairs and pathways out of GLASS. A FUCKING HUNDERED FEET IN THE AIR.

AUGH.

Fuck this.

And fuck them.


That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment