Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lecture time.



So, the body.

First off, fun lecture. The stretching was a great way to get the point across about the main focus.

Also woke me the hell up, which was considerate.

The different styles of body photography (Maplethorp, Albert Chong, Joel-Peter) (The way Chong changed Kip's work into his own was funny and simple. Very neat to see that comparison.)

The adds were funny. Especially the Korean ones. I mean some of those were just blatant.

But I guess that was the point.

The magazine companies could put that blatant stuff in there and get away with it with a huge shit eating grin. Whatever, not my problem. Your clientele will buy what they want I guess.

Sam's stuff. That is just viscerally fascinating.

Watching the video of his "timeclock" piece actually hurt my eyes and gave me a slight headache after a while.

I am very familiar with what sleep deprivation will do to a person, and seeing it over the course of a year was immediately recognizable and slightly emotional.

The determination and willpower was nice, but as Kip said, that isn't what the piece was about (according to Sam.)

I think it relates to life, and how short it is.

It is fleeting and powerful.


And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment