Sunday, April 10, 2011

All the comics. All of them.

Woooooooo.



This is a good book.

It's not a huge fucking pain in the ass to digest.

(Apologies for being late, as I didn't know the arts library closes on Saturday, otherwise I would have just done is Friday.)

I actually started reading ahead.


Anyways, The third and fourth chapters deal with closure and time/motion.

The third chapter really was in the gutter.

Or it was about the gutter, anyways. The space between comic panels.

And about how they incite and provide the closure that comics thrive on.


Kind of like what I am doing with my text.

In order.

For you.

To read and experience my words.

At the...


Intonation.


That I intend.

I think that the goal oriented based society of the west could learn a whole lot more from the cyclical and balanced societal values of the east.

In all aspects.

There are advantages to both, but things have been so goal focused for such a long time, that resources are running out.

Which is... yano.

Bad.

The various transition types for the gutter were interesting too.

As for chapter four...

It's about time... I got to it.

And yes, it is also about time.

And motion.















Not that motion!

Even if that is pretty good...

But it's about the ways that comics can be arranged, with their gutters in the right places, to imply motion through time through the motion on the page.

I read a lot of comics.

It was nice to see how some of the mechanics behind them work.

Here is another place that I read some of these mechanics explained.

This motherfucker is amazing. End of story.

Here is the post where he talks about motion the most. And Character design. Mildly NSFW.


And that's it.

P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment