Friday, April 8, 2011

Douche amp.

I like some of Duchamp's stuff.

I like the balls he had to submit that urinal.

I like the actual thought that went into his works, and how the challenge that they posed (to the art community) enhanced the impact they had.

I like how he stuck to his feelings when he changed from painting to other mediums (inventing the idea of using ready-mades in the process) because of his feelings towards art "monetarization." That doesn't seem feasible for starting artists though.

It's sad really, but that is one of the trials that a society that values corpratocracy over people being happy and healthy. Fuckasses.

Oh wait I went off again, excuse me.

His use of nudes in art, at the time of the creation of Nu Descendant un Escalier, was considered blasphemy. Yet today, it is probably his most famous painting.

(I warned you about stairs bro.

I told you dog.)

Now, I've never exactly been the biggest cubism fan.

This work doesn't strike my chords quite like other pieces do.

But I still see what his work has done.

The use of the nude seems almost synonymous with artistic painting these days.

Why?

Because Duchamp challenged the convention at the time; the power of that painting is kind of staggering, in hindsight.

I also like the chess obsession he picked up in his latter years.

I kind of want to make a chess set. Ceramic-wise.

Hmmm.

Now to think of a cool motif.


And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment