Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Embaras-mint.

Hmmm. Okay this is kind of hard.

I can think of times I have been embarrassed, but no time when it has been a really severe and humiliating ordeal.

Wait.


I got it.

Okay, At the beginning of my time here at UCSB, I attended the orientation. It was to get my bearings and to talk to the adviser for my major. Ceramics.

I spent most of the day going on tours and being either bored or learning some genuinely interesting things that I would need to know.

I finally got to the office of the adviser, and had a chance to speak to her about what classes I would take to start off my degree.

She asked me what my focus in art was.

I said Ceramics, and after she gave me a quizzical look, I told her that - on the school website - ceramics was listed as an area of focus for an arts degree.

She told me that it had been canceled for several years.



I was confused for a moment.

And then just generally very discombobulated.

And really fucking embarrassed.


She gave me some important forms and told me to think about how I would progress.

Now, that was pretty bad on the embarrassment scale.


Then I had to go tell my parents, who had taken me up to Santa Barbara and were eagerly waiting to hear all about my orientation.

This blew the previous moment out of the water.






Not only was I mortified that I had made such a catastrophic error, but I had to tell my parents - who can barely afford to help me with college anyways - all about how I fucked up.

It was... not fun.

But I worked through things at least.

Soooooooo yeah.

Ugh now you all fucking know.

Good times.


And that's it.

P.S. ( If you are reading this Trela; Hi! :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment